Sunset's Africa Ministry strives to engage the believing community of Sunset Church to Pray Unceasingly, Give Generously and Go Boldly.
James 1:27 explains that “Religion that is pure and undefiled before God the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction...” This year, a team of 11 will be traveling to Zambia from June 23rd to July 8th. We will be visiting the care workers, children and widows to encourage and embolden them. If you can PRAY, please pray that our team would be an encouragement to the local care workers and international volunteers, as well as be encouraged to become advocates for these children at Sunset once they return. If you can DONATE, please donate by either
- Making a check out to Sunset Church with “2017 Zambia Team” in the memo line.
- Or through PayPal. Please follow the instructions under the "Donate" section.
Thank you for donating to the Africa Compassion Trip.
- Please fill out your first and last name.
- Click "Submit".
- After submitting your name, click the PayPal icon.
- You will be led to another page. Please select the amount you would like to donate or you can type in the amount you wish to donate.
- Follow the next page to submit your payment.
1 Thessalonians 5:17-18 commands Christians to “pray unceasingly... for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” We ask supporters to do just that for the poorest of the poor in Zimba. Read about how you can pray for Zimba in Zambia, the village Sunset Church is supporting through its partnership with Hands at Work.
2 Corinthians 9:7 instructs us to “...give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.” If you are able to sacrifice and do good by sharing what God has blessed you with in support of the 150 children in Zimba, Zambia that we support, please do that by going to the Hands at Work donation page and select “Zimba” as the purpose.