Come Celebrate BJM’s 10th Anniversary!
2018 is a very special year for Because Justice Matters, and they are throwing a party to celebrate. This year’s theme, ILLUMINATE, reminds us of the power of light, which not only drives out darkness, but makes things clear and bright. The theme reflects BJM's new mission statement: “Because Justice Matters builds pathways to brighter futures for women and girls in urban communities.”
In addition to a live band, dancing, and catered refreshments with hosted beer and wine, BJM proud to showcase newly choreographed performances by BJM dance students. Throughout the evening, you’ll experience uplifting stories, and artful presentations which highlight hope and restoration, including the premiere of a brand-new video!
This is a celebration of the many lives that have been touched through the work of BJM. Starting in San Francisco’s Tenderloin in 2008 with the legacy women’s outreach, “Manicure Mondays,” today, BJM offers a variety of sustainable, life-giving programs which empower women and girls to envision and pursue brighter futures within a caring, faith-based community.
Your support, together with other faithful BJM donors, partners, advocates, and volunteers, literally lights their way. So get your tickets now and get ready to celebrate on Thursday, May 31st.
This vibrant event takes place in the versatile SOMArts Cultural Center and Theater, enlivened by local artists, and women-led businesses. The ILLUMINATE Spring Social is BJM’s strategic fun-raiser for 2018, raising vitally important financial support while providing opportunities to learn about and partner with BJM.
Ticket price includes:
- Catered savory bites and dazzling desserts
- Hosted wine, beer, and other refreshing beverages
- Live band and dancing
- New BJM dance performances, as well as performances by local artists including dance, music, and spoken word
- Exhibits of photography and live painting
- Premiere of a new and inspiring, BJM video
ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
- Adult 21+ please have picture ID at registration
- Youth tickets are for guests 16 - 20; guests under 18 must be accompanied by adult
- Tickets are required for admittance and will not be available for purchase at the door
- Guests must present a printed or virtual ticket at entrance
Transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
- Public transportation strongly recommended due to limited parking availability
Contact the organizer with any questions?
- Festive Business Casual