Ministry Assistant for Young Family Ministry (Part-time)
The part-time Ministry Assistant provides spiritual guidance and operational support for the middle school program during the bi-weekly Saturday Young Family Ministry.
- Lead program to serve middle school kids (2 to 4 hours every other Saturday, excluding prep and admin time)
- Prepare materials and lesson plans.
- Meet with pastoral staff (as necessary during the weekdays).
- Align with church’s vision, mission and values.
- Develop and oversee Middle School Saturday program.
- Partner with parents to disciple their kids and co-run the program.
- Take on related administrative tasks and responsibilities, as assigned.
- General Activities
- Training and discipling youth towards the values of the church.
- Oversight of bi-weekly Saturday middle school program.
- Assist in promoting a safe, caring, and gracious environment.
- Plan program and develop curriculum.
- Provide support for overall ministry.
- Saturday programs (Bi-weekly)
- Work during the 5:00-7:00pm core meeting time.
- Prep for programs and related materials beforehand.
- Prep for and facilitate worship and AV (if needed).
- Oversee check in /out and group area.
- Train and disciple student leaders as appropriate.
- Monitor children’s behavior and facilitate communication with parents, if needed.
- Put away computer stations and clean-up program area s.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Enjoys interacting with middle school kids.
- Ability to teach God’s Word to kids.
- Maintains a growing relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced by action, attitude & behavior.
- Reliable, trustworthy, self-starter and follows through on details.
Every Sunset Church staff must serve with a goal to fulfill the mission and vision of the church and glorify God (Acts 1:8).
If you would like to apply for this part-time Ministry Assistant position, please submit a resume and/or cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.