Agapeland: Summer Morning English Elementary Teacher
- Prepare students for future academic lives by promoting mental, physical and social development.
- Introduce abstract concepts and help students develop critical thinking skills and problem solving skills.
- Teach Christian education and promote/model Christian Values.
- Develop lesson plans that provide individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those objectives to students.
- Submit weekly lesson plans to program coordinator for review suggestions. Keep daily plans in easy access in the event that a substitute is needed.
- Be responsible for classroom management and student discipline in keeping with the school guidelines and policies.
- create and effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers. Provide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
- organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental and social development, such as games, arts and crafts, music, and storytelling.
- Monitor students in a variety of educational environments (e.g. classroom, school grounds, hallways, restrooms, field trips, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe positive learning environment. Identify student needs and discuss with program coordinator in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Report accidents and/or concerns to program coordinator. Keep accident reports in logbook.
- Be available to talk to parents or guardians as needed.
- Direct, evaluate, supervise and plan assignment for volunteers for the purpose of providing an effective classroom program and addressing the needs of individual students.
- Attend weekly meetings as required.
- Be available and prepare students for Open House.
For questions or if you would like to send a resume, contact Helen at firstname.lastname@example.org.