Home Match - Free Service
Home Match San Francisco is a project funded by the Mayor’s Office of Housing and Community Development. The mission is to expand housing opportunities to low and moderate income people who live, work, or attend school in San Francisco by maximizing existing housing stock. We provide a platform, tools, and support to connect homeowners and home seekers.
- Our service is free of charge to anyone who qualifies for the program.
- We provide interviews, applications, background screening, and assist with the housing agreement for all parties involved; mediation and referral services are available as needed.
- Parties are matched based on compatible living styles and have an opportunity to describe their ideal home arrangement, personal characteristics, and other factors regarding living with another person.
- Parties meet and decide if they are a good fit for each other.
- Homeowners will have an additional source of income and companionship. Both parties can agree to an exchange of services for reduced rent.